<< Back to About The MDA
We're hiring an Events and Promotions Manager!
Feb 6, 2017
McMinnville, Ore. - PROMOTIONS AND EVENTS MANAGER. The McMinnville Downtown Association is seeking a full-time Events and Promotions Manager.
Applicant should have excellent organizational, communication and writing skills, as well as public relations experience, marketing and design experience, managerial capacity, and a strong event planning background.
Basic computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel required. Previous nonprofit experience a plus, with demonstrated ability in the areas of project management, special event planning, and volunteer recruitment and management. Position requires a dynamic, outgoing team player with demonstrated ability to multi-task and work effectively with diverse community stakeholders.
The Events and Promotions Manager will report directly to the Executive Director. Bachelor’s degree preferred but experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. Starting salary is $30,000. Benefits include paid holidays, PTO and IRA SEP after three years’ employment.
Position is open until filled. To be considered, submit a resume, cover letter (500 words maximum) stating qualifications and three design samples to:
Questions should be directed to: Info@DowntownMcMinnville.com
The McMinnville Downtown Association (MDA) is a 501(c)6 non-profit that works to promote and enhance our historic downtown as the economic, social and cultural heart of the community.
McMinnville is a Nationally Accredited, Performing Main Street community. Downtown McMinnville has won numerous awards in the past three years, they include:
- Parade Magazine’s Second Best Main Street in America.
- American Planning Association’s Great Street Award for Third Street.
- Sunset Magazine’s Best Main Street in the West.
POSITION: Events and Promotions Manager
STATUS: $30,000. Salaried, Nonexempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of three years in customer service related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse stakeholders.
- Minimum two years of event and office management experience.
- High level organizational skills, self-starter
- Graphic design using iMac with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Knowledge of InDesign helpful.
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point; Mail Chimp or other newsletter application
- Maintenance of website, Facebook and other social media.
FUNCTIONS – Office Management
- Responsible for all functions relating to daily MDA office operations, including office maintenance, answering phones, assisting walk-in customers and responding to email inquiries.
- Publishing bi-weekly e-newsletter.
- Support for annual meeting and all membership meetings.
FUNCTIONS – Promotion and Marketing Coordination
- Chair of Promotions Committee, which includes reporting to the Board of Directors
- Coordinate and staff the following events with input and approval of Executive Director
- Spring Fling
- UFO Festival Landing Party and Parade
- Farmers Market as assistant to the Farmers Market Manager
- Concerts in the Plaza
- Turkey Rama
- Safe & Sane Halloween
- Santa’s Parade and Tree Lighting
- Holiday Open House
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate facility maintenance and repair as needed. Ensure that common office space is clean and organized. Oversee maintenance of office equipment and order office supplies as needed under the direction of the Executive Director.
- Coordinate production and maintain supply of printed materials, including stationery, business cards, etc.
- Create new forms and templates as needed.
- Answer phones, greet visitors, gift certificate sales, filing, other tasks as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date email lists.
- Process new member application materials as directed.
Publications, Website and Social Media
- Write and distribute bi-weekly e-newsletter, which is edited by the Executive Director
- Maintain training with website programmer to maintain the website, including calendar of events, membership, and other website updates.
- Maintain social media sites for MDA and Farmers Market
- Develop timelines and written work plans for each event.
- Work with subcommittees on event details.
- Assist with event budgeting process and stay within budgeted guidelines.
- Book entertainment for Concerts in the Plaza, Farmers Market, UFO Festival and Turkey Rama.
- Assist Executive Director in volunteer recruitment.
- Carry out marketing efforts leading up to each event.
Regular Meetings – Required Attendance
- Farmers Market Committee
- UFO Committee
- Turkey Rama Committee
- Organization Committee
- MDA Board Meeting
Essential Physical Requirements
- Capable of light housekeeping
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Ability to walk at least 10 blocks, climb steps and endure long periods on your feet.
- Ability to work occasional weekends or attend occasional weeknight events.
- Paid time equal to 120 hour per calendar year.
- IRA SEP available after three years’ employment.
The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is a logical assignment for the position.