Oregon's Favorite Main Street
We've been asking people around town what they would do if they had one perfect day to spend in McMinnville. Peter Kircher, the owner of our wonderful Golden Valley Brewery & Restaurant, who (as you can see below) "likes to keep busy," offered these thoughts on a perfect day for him.
1. I'd take a balloon or glider ride at sunrise on a beautiful summer day.
2. I'd then get on my bike and take a long ride on the Masonville loop out to the Lawrence Gallery on Highway 18, or to Eratic Rock, stopping at a bistro along the way for a leisurely lunch.
3. Then I'd head for the wineries: Ken Wright, Soter and Scott Paul, all in or near Carlton, would be at the top of my list.
4. An afternoon beer tasting at Golden Valley (of course).
5. At sunset, I'd be walking at Youngberg Hill, with its sensational views of hills and vineyards.
6. Back to downtown Mac for a French dinner at Bistro Maison.
7. And then I'd turn around and go back to spend the night at the Youngberg Hill Vineyards & Inn, with its big deck overlooking the vineyards, comfortable rooms and great breakfasts.
Now that would be a sensational day in McMinnville.
The McMinnville Downtown Association works to promote and enhance our historic downtown as the economic, social and cultural heart of the community.
What would Halloween be without costumes and treats?!
Saturday and Sunday, November 19 and 20
11 am to 5 pm
Doors open at 5:30 pm, Music at 6:30 pm
Saturday, November 19
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 25, 26 & 27
11am to 5 pm
Start the holiday off right with Santa's Parade in downtown McMinnville!
Support your local businesses by participating in Small Business Saturday! Head downtown on Saturday, November 28th to check out some great deals and sales.
Course: Verbal excellence (Leading - Persuading - Defusing)
When: 12/09/16 8:00am - 4:00pm
Where: Riley Hall, room 201 at Linfield College
Register at: Code4.org